Tuesday, December 8, 2009

COSI Mural Work Day 4: Tues. Dec.8, 2009

My Mural at the beginning of the day today. It still needs a lot of work!

I didn't like the blue that I used in the background, so I am trying something a little different. Not sure I like this either. Can you see the difference?

First thing I did today was to fill in the green at the top of the tree.

Then I decided to once again paint the blue background. I mixed three different blues and two different kinds of white together. I think I like this color better that what I had before. I also made the background much stronger, which was needed. Unfortunately I covered the vines again and they needed to be repainted again.

I added the tree branches at the top of the painting and the vines at the bottom again.

I also worked on the hands at the bottom and the body at the top of the globe.

Well this is the mural at the end of day four. The last thing I did today was to add some dark green in the tree. It is really beginning to come to life.

Here I am in front of my mural getting ready to leave for the day.

I have met a lot of nice people at COSI. They have all be so supportive of my project.
This is Terry White and me. I met him on my first day of painting. We just might be long lost relatives, because my maiden name was White. We have had some fun discussions about family history. Wouldn't it be funny if we were related?!

1 comment: