Wednesday, December 2, 2009

COSI Mural Work Day 2: Dec. 2, 2009

Here I am ready to begin the second day of work on my mural.

Here is a better picture of my storage room "studio" space. It is actually quite nice. It is between two large exhibitions spaces at COSI with entrances on either side of the room.

This is one entrance to the storage room. You can see my "studio" through the door.

This is the other entrance to the space. You can also see my "studio" here as well as the hallway window.

My "studio" when I am finally ready to begin painting after organizing my space, reference photos (on the far wall) and all my materials. Ready...set....go!

Here, hopefully, you can see my beginning sketch.

My first strokes of paint. After doing the vines I thought that I should fill in the face so that my painting could begin to take life!

And she really did take life after only a few strokes! I guess I will have to come up with a name for her...any ideas?

More paint is added....

I begin to add the blue background. I am surprised how quickly the painting is beginning to take shape!


I put the hands under the globe in.
I begin to fill in the globe and add the tree limbs at the top of the painting. I am having a little difficulty with the hands and the shape of the globe, but it still looks pretty good!

Finished for the day. I have adjusted the globe and the hands a bit. Maybe the hands are too skinny? Will have to work on them more next time!

My work space when I am finished. Things don't look as neat as when I began!

Here is a better look at the mural when I am finished for the day.

This is me and my mural at the end of the day. I am surprised how much I got done in one day!

2 comments:

  1. Forgot to mention that I started today about 10:30am and finished around 4:00pm. I was able to put in a full day with a short break for lunch. I am really surprised how much I got done! Can't wait to get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much progress in just one day! Itis really amazing! Thanks so much for posting all these shots.

    ReplyDelete