Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Last Day of Mural Mural Work Tuesday Jan. 20, 2010

This is my finished mural after I finished working on it until about 2:00 Tues. Jan. 20. I think that I could have kept working on it forever. But I needed to call it finished at some point, so this is it. What do you think?

On this day I went over some of my work and added the red flowers into the vines, because it seemed like it needed some different colors besides just green and blue.

It is finished! All is left to do is take the mural off the wall and roll it up for storage. I will come back next week to do this so that I am certain that it is completely dry.
I would love to have some reactions from viewers. Please let me know what you think. Is it truly finished? Should I add anything? Should I subtract anything?

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mural Work Day 8: Tues. Jan. 11, 2010

My mural at the beginning of work day 8.

Can you see the difference in the background color here? One thing I have to do is to even out the background.

I also want to go over the vines, foliage and roots again.

Here I am with my mural at the end of day 8. I think that I might have just a half a day of work left as well as taking the mural off the wall when it is finished and totally dry.

Here is the mural. I think it is almost finished. What do you think?

As I left my storeroom "studio" I looked back and saw my mural. It looked pretty good!

This is what my mural looks like now.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

My COSI Mural Progression Photos

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7

Mural Work Day 7: Wed. Jan. 6, 2010

My family and I visited COSI over the holidays on Dec. 23, 2009 and this is a picture of us in front of my mural.

This is me with my mural on Dec. 23, 2009

My mural at the start of work day 7, Jan. 6, 2010.

I am going to work on the "tree lady", the hands at the bottom, and the vines in the top of the tree. My daughter, Lydia, suggested that I should add roots at the bottom of the globe so I am going to try this.

Here are the changes to the hands.

I added vines to the top of the painting.

I'm working on the tree lady and adding more vines.

Here is a closeup of the vines and the face.

My mural is almost finished so I took down my wall of reference photos today.

This is what my mural looked like at the end of Day 7. I think that it will take just one more day of work to redo the background, because it seems uneven, and do some other touch ups.
I can't believe that my mural is almost finished!