Saturday, December 5, 2009

COSI Mural Work Day 3: Friday Dec. 4, 2009

I'm ready to begin my third day of work on my COSI mural. This is what the mural looked like when I begin the day. I replaced all the blue tape (that was coming off) with good old masking tape.

These are my supplies ready to go on this day.

At the beginning of the day I took some time out of working on the mural to paint some test strips so that they could test the fire proofing material on them. The mural will have to be treated with something to fire proof it when it is finished.

Then I dug into the mural! First I worked on this day was to change positioning of the globe and hands. The hands and globe needed to come up from the bottom of the canvas to allow room at the bottom of the canvas for mounting it at the end of the project.

We decided that the design should be at least 4 inches from the bottom of the canvas. So I made this change.

Next I decided to paint the background and this is me working on the background.

Most of the rest of the day was spent getting the light blue background into the mural.

I finished off my first container of paint doing this! Guess I will probably have to buy some more white!

Here is the mural with the light blue back ground in place. I'm not sure if I like the color. I'm thinking about making it a lighter blue.

Next I spent some time working on the globe and hands some more.

Last I added the vines into the painting again.

And my third day of work was finished. I don't feel like I got quite as much accomplished today as I did my first day of painting.
Seems like I spend a lot of time setting up at the beginning of the day and then cleaning up at the end. Guess that's all a part of it, too!

Here I am with my mural at the end of the day.
I added some paint splats onto my pants. Bought these "paint pants" specially for this job and I hope to be wearing many more of the colors by the end of the project.

As I left that day I looked back at my mural through the door and it looked pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment